Sunday, January 28, 2007

The New Sink


Graham and I were given a project today: fix the kitchen faucet. And since we were fixing the kitchen faucet, we might as well replace the kitchen sink, dontcha know, 'cause it's ugly and chipped and I've wanted a new one ever since we moved in. Deep breath. Get out the Home Depot Do-It-Yourself-Book. Good thing I've Graham to help.


What's this rubber thingy for?


This screws in where?


The finished product. Much nicer looking, and no leaks. Yet.


Notice the skillfully soldered connection. That man knows how to handle a blowtorch!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm.....did david do that or did he assist his father-in-law? looks good though!! good job grahm!! it is a warm -4 out right now!! you are jealous of our weather.

David and Sarah said...

My husband did this without the help of anyone (except Graham). Mom and Dad were long gone....
Glad I'm not in MN - BRRR!!!!
Sarah

Burly said...

Good job! I didn't dare do ours ourselves. I agree on a "why not a new sink" ... ours was 6 inches deep and we went to 8 inches. It's like a Grand Canyon in there! Looks nice ...

Stuart said...

Glad to see that you are being kept busy and that the house is starting to get there. I have the upmost respect as I get the keys (hopefully) to my flat this weekend and have the whole of next week off on holiday so that I can get the paining and everything else done (hopefully)

David and Sarah said...

Wow--congrats on the new digs, man! So what is the UK equivalent of the massive home improvement stores we have here--e.g., Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.? Do you folks go in for wandering around acres and acres of tools and home improvement supplies?

Stuart said...

Dont think that our shops quite match the size of yours in general our bigf one is B&Q. One of the locakl ones is huge however and I think I could quite easiy get lost in it.

Unlike the USA however prices are alot higher here when buying a house, especially intrest rates theredore I wont be buying up the shops or building a garage (land is far to expensive for that), plus its a top floor flat bit difficult to attach a floating garage and get the car into it.