Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Tomorrow I leave for Atlanta to attend the Sixteenth Century Studies Conference--high times! I'm roadtripping with two of my fellow students, and I'll be back on Sunday. Atlanta is nothing to get all that excited about, but there's a good crop of interesting papers on the program, and lots of opportunity for meeting other folks in my field. And, there is the distinct possibility that I may experience my first eight-hour(-plus?) stretch of uninterrupted sleep since . . . oh, let me see . . . August 3rd, 2005, I believe it was. That alone should be worth the trek. Of course, I'm sure I'll be missing my little buddy before I even hit the interstate, but I've given him permission to call as much as he likes. And his grandma and grandpa Slinger are in town to help ease the separation anxiety, so hopefully all will be well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you get to dress up? Is it like a Renaissance Faire? (Tee hee.)

David and Sarah said...

No costumes, I'm afraid--but plenty of jousting. Heh, heh.

Burly said...

If you get a chance to go to the Coke museum in Atlanta, try the Beverly. It's delicious.

Rachel said...

Have a good trip! We'll miss you in Med/Ren.