Thursday, May 15, 2008
Now that the school year is over, I'm catching up on my honey-do list. Several of our shutters were in pretty sorry shape, so I repaired them, rehung four of them, and painted them all. But the new paint didn't quite match the old, which meant that the front door didn't quite match the shutters. And as we reflected on the situation, we realized that we never really liked that front door anyway: it let no light in, and it was drafty and inefficient. So yesterday I put in a new front door. According to my calculations, this new high efficiency door should pay for itself in approximately 413 years. But at least our foyer will no longer be the darkest corner of the house.