Thursday, September 21, 2006

Christmas List


Remember the old Tickle-Me Elmo dolls? I never understood why parents would fight one another to death in line at Wal-Mart for those stupid things. The new ones, however, are another story. Check out this video from YouTube. I've watched it three or four times, and it gets funnier every time I see it. This is a funny toy. In fact, I think I--er, that is, Graham--is getting this for Christmas. If I can beat off the other parents at Wal-Mart. I suppose I could order it online, but this is a rite of passage into parenthood that I've been looking forward to for some time.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

That was my Dad's Christmas shopping strategy -- he just bought us the toys that HE wanted. Our family continues the tradition to this day, and it works quite well.

But, are you sure it won't scare the child?

Anonymous said...

That's enough to make me wanna triple up on the BC. Just in case.

Should Isaac ever be joined by a sibling, I will shoot the grandparent that buys him/her this.

Stuart said...

Last Year it was what not to buy this yesr its what to buy!!

Burly said...

Elmo is a Grover rip-off. That's all I have to say.

Anonymous said...

Is it the beagle pup which truly adds interest to this toy?

Grandpa Slinger

Anonymous said...

Seems kind of repatitious (sp?) to me... you touch the thing, it laughs, leans forward, falls on its side, and flops around like a fish for awhile, then stands back up. Granted, it's extremely amusing, but think of that annoying "hahahaha" going on in your home 24/7 for about 2 weeks before the child gets sick of it! You'll hate yourself for buying one (unless of course you just do the logical thing and hide the toy from Graham once you get sick of it). Anyway, that's my 2 cents :)
~Uncle Aa

Rachel said...

I'm with burly. Grover is the real deal. (Although I must admit that Grover and Elmo work together well in "Another Monster at the End of this Book." But that, of course, is but a been-there-done-that sequel to Grover's stellar solo performance in the original "Monster at the End of this Book.")

Anonymous said...

umm...people are making death threats over this stupid doll. in florida at a target store a man threatend to kill somone for their doll. hmm friendly parenting.