Monday, October 30, 2006

Texas

This last weekend we went to Texas. Graham had yet to meet his Great Grandmother Fink, who seldom travels these days. So we loaded up the V-dub and drove to the--er, airport. Here are some highlights from the weekend:

El Rancho de Glen y Claudia Fink -- Gainsville, TX



Here's Graham Graham holding on for dear life to a buckin' bronco out on the ranch.


Here's Graham checking out the pool.


Here is Graham's Great Uncle Glen smoking the brisket and making biscuits the cowbay way. Be it here noted that said Great Uncle was up at 5:30 in the am to light the pecan wood fire and set the 'que a-roasting. NC barbeque is mighty fine, but it may have met its match at El Rancho Fink.


Here's Graham having some quality time with Grandpa...


...and with Grandma.


Four generations of Finks!


Here are Graham and Daddy with cousins Stephanie, Sam, and Abby.


After picking up our car from the airport, the trip ended the way all good trips should: with burritos from Chipotle. Ahhhh.

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Atlast some pictures of G&G Fink. Dont you all look well.

Chipotle AAARRHHH Lovely. Wish I could go on the way home from the airport, or even just on the way home. But sadly the USA is a bit out of the way.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all got to spend some time in my original home state! I have been witness to more than a few NC Bar-B-Q vs. TX Bar-B-Q debates. I think you know which side I come out on...

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Chipotle's free buritto on October 31...not bad for a "brown onion" with an aluminum foil top. (I thought I might be a brown pepper until the lady said they don't use brown peppers.)

Son Adam was similarly dressed but with a green coat so he was a green pepper.