Friday, August 28, 2009

The things he thinks about...




Sometimes Graham just stares off into space. Sometimes he stares off into space and then tells me what he was 'dreaming.' And sometimes he just starts talking about really random things. Two nights ago he was eating bed lunch. David was sitting with him at the dining room table while Graham munched on 'fresh buttercup cream Life.' That's Life cereal and I have no idea where he got the fresh buttercup cream part, but that's what he always asks for:
fresh buttercup cream life. So, he was munching away and he stopped and said, "Daddy, I can not have babies in my tummy. But if I marry a little girl and she is my wife then we will have babies." Not wanting to get too much into the 'little girl' part or the 'we'll have babies' part, David wisely turned the conversation toward names. "Graham, what would you name a baby if you had a little boy?" Graham must have thought about this before because he immediately responded, "Jesus." Without missing a beat, David asked, "And what if you had a little girl? What would you name her?" I was in the kitchen hoping to hear Mary, Esther, Naomi, Ruth, or some other great woman figure of the Bible. Graham, however, replied, "Daddy, I would name her Oofaloof."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! That's fantastic. :)

Covey said...

That's toocute!! Elijah is hoping we will name Bella (who's due in January) Meatloaf or Butter Bean.