Tuesday, August 26, 2008

GPoD 2.26.2008


Bedtime is getting to be more and more challenging around the Fink house. Graham is coming up with ever new ways to avoid going to bed while just skirting the edges of blatant insubordination. He knows that a direct refusal brings dire retribution. But there are all kinds of other ways of prolonging the inevitable. Here's Graham making sure he's adequately hydrated before turning in, one of his standard stalling tactics.
Recently, however, Graham has been deploying some of these creative obfuscations to get himself out of work, as well--that is, "work" such as picking up his magnetic letters after he scatters them all over the floor. This evening Sarah asked this small boon of him, and Graham promptly flopped down on the floor and told her he was sore. "Sore?" asked Sarah, "Why are you sore?" Graham: "I have two babies in my tummy." We're open to advice on how to keep this kid out of a career in politics.

4 comments:

Leroy and Kari Huizenga said...

"Here's Graham making sure he's adequately hydrated before turning in, one of his standard stalling tactics."

Sub sole nihil novum.

"I have two babies in my tummy."

Hic novum est...

David and Sarah said...

Mus uni non fidit antro. ("A mouse does not rely on only one hole"--Plautus)

LisaEvansPhotography, LLC said...

Ah, the age where they learn they can manipulate and control their routine! Well, to a degree, anyway!

Morgan's first stall tactic was water...she would drink and drink and drink! Then it became an obsession w/ making sure three very specific stuffed animals were in very specific locations on her bed. And now it's a serious routine of 1) Checking her closet to make sure Monster's Inc isn't in there (she must say, "All Clear") 2) Giving us each big hugs and a kiss on one cheek, then the other, then the first again, then the lips and ended by 3) Saying "Goodnight, Sweet Dreams, I love you, See you tomorrow".

PHEW!

I wish I could say he'll grow out of the stalling tactics but it'll most likely get more elaborate! LOL!

Hope all is well with you guys!!! Josh and I miss hearing from you!

L M said...

Your blog makes me laugh! How cute he is! (I like the play-date pictures, too!)

I'm glad to see that your babies are doing well! They're still SOO SMALL, though. Helps me remember that I don't want mine to come yet. :)