The semester is officially over: three down, one to go. Of classes, that is. Then there are prelims, a dissertation proposal, and--somewhere in remote mists of my future, the tome itself. But for now, a deep breath and some frivolous fun. Here are my answers to the survey all cool kids are doing.
What was I doing ten years ago?
Being an idiotic freshman.
What was I doing one year ago?
Imagining what life would be like with Cosmo (Graham's womb name).
Five snacks I enjoy:
2. Homemade Chex Mix
3. Maple Pecan Scones
Five Songs to Which I Know All the Lyrics:
1. "Red-Hooded Sweatshirt" (Adam Sandler)
2. "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" (Gordon Lightfoot)
3. "Yellow Ledbetter" (Pearl Jam)
4. "You're the One for Me, Fatty" (Morrissey)
5. "Bust a Move" (Young MC)
Five Things I Would Do If I Were a Millionaire:
1. Call the cable company and tell them that they're currently giving us free service.
2. Buy a Chipotle franchise and open a burrito shop on campus.
3. Endow a chair in Christian Theology at the University of Minnesota.
4. Take up the violin.
5. Have the oil changed in my car every 3,000 miles.
Five Bad Habits:
1. Picking my nose.
2. Online data piracy (Aaarrrgh, matey!).
3. Swinging my son upside down by his legs.
4. Not rewinding books on tape from the library when I'm done listening.
Five Things I Like Doing:
1. Changing diapers.
2. Playing horsey.
3. Grocery shopping at Whole Foods.
4. Listening to Car Talk on NPR.
5. Adoring my lovely wife.
Five Things I Would Never Wear, Buy or Get New Again:
1. Reece's Peanut Butter Cup Cereal.
2. Bumper stickers.
4. Tank tops.
5. Dial-up internet.
Five Favorite Toys:
1. The Millenium Falcon.
2. Legoes (the space ones, of course).
4. Fingernail clippers.