Thursday, December 08, 2005

What NOT to Get Me for Christmas

I was a freshman in college when Civilization 2 came out, one of the most addictive computer games in the history of that inglorious pastime. I think that, all told, that particular obsession probably cost me an extra quarter in school. Several years ago, after hearing me fondly reminisce about those halcyon evenings conquering the known world from my dorm room computer, my wife bought me the newly-released Civilization 3 for Christmas. I soon came to realize that if I were to have any hope of completing a graduate program before the birth of my great-grandchildren I would have to part with said gift. Now, Civilization 4 is out, just in time for the holidays: it shall not pass the threshold of this home. If you really want to show me you care, buy me a book. Preferably with footnotes.
But in the meantime, if you want to procrastinate what you're really supposed to be doing and get some sweet Jedi lightsaber skills, click here.

5 comments:

Scott Williams said...

Thanks for the Jedi link. That's awesome--(though it gave pause for my wife to say, "thanks a lot Dave Fink").

Anonymous said...

hey David

thanks for the link it was a bit of fun.

keep the photos of Graham coming.

Stuart,
UK

David and Sarah said...

Hi, Stuart,
Thanks for dropping in! I was wondering where those UK hits on my site meter were coming from. We'll keep the pictures coming, alright.

DCF

Scott Williams said...

My hits were UK too, y'know....

-Scott

Anonymous said...

Mums been looking a bit too I think