Sunday, November 13, 2005

Kiss Me, I'm Irish . . . I Guess





Your Inner European is Irish!





Sprited and boisterous!
You drink everyone under the table.



This little quiz has been going around in my blog circles the last few days, so I post it here for your enjoyment. Apparently, my "inner European" is Irish. I'm "spirited and boisterous"--fair enough. More importantly, however, I "drink everyone under the table." Who wrote this quiz--Jesse Ventura?

I'm happy to be an honorary Paddy, however: Cue the music! (mutatis mutandis)

He is an Irishman!
For he himself has said it,
And it's greatly to his credit,
That he is an Irishman!

For he might have been a Roosian,
A French, or Turk, or Proosian,
Or perhaps Itali-an!

But in spite of all temptations
To belong to other nations,
He remains an Irishman!
He remains an Irishman!

By the way, HMS Pinafore is coming to town this spring.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

But what is Sarah?

David and Sarah said...

Sarah is Italian, but she was a bit embarrassed to admit it.

Rachel said...

Well, if it helps any, it makes me feel a lot better about being labelled "Italian" to know that Sarah's in the same category.

If, on the other hand, she's embarrassed precisely because being Italian puts her in the same camp as that neurotic single woman who keeps coming over for holiday dinners, reassure her that she must be the OTHER kind of Italian.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, oh dear... after answering SIX questions, I am Irish. How can they know from six questions?!?! I think I'd rather be Italian with Sar and Rachel, but with D I stand for now.
e

Anonymous said...

Thats nothing I answered the questions and turned out to be Russian!! Neither do I like the cold that much but I really am British